15 Signs You Are Catholic
- You are nice enough to save the pews in the front of church for the late-comers. (You also save the comfy middle part of the pew for others).
- You can follow every prayer in Mass, regardless of what language it is in.
- You have given up something sweet for Lent…at least a dozen times before.
- You dress a lot nicer when you know you might see the Bishop.
- You have genuflected (or started to) in a movie theater, a funeral/wedding at a non-Catholic church, etc.
- You could be a professional weaver of palm crosses, though you do it only one day a year.
- You complain when the parish buys a new brand of Communion wine.
- You can say a family rosary on a trip in less than 15 minutes and know that God still heard it over the baby screaming.
- You remember more Latin than the foreign language you actually took classes for during high school.
- You played the “Mass game” when you were a kid.
- You have prayed a rosary while tired, fallen asleep, and thought, “glad my guardian angel finished if for me.”
- You have stronger knees than any of your neighbors who aren’t Catholic.
- You have forgotten a part of a prayer and the 3 year-old next to you finishes it for you.
- You jingle from all the medals, crucifixes, etc. on your necklace.
- You assume the headlines in your local paper about the Catholic Church will lead to a story that isn’t accurate.
What did I forget?