St. Mary’s Catholic Center is blessed to have many students who discern the call to priesthood and religious life. There are many reasons why we have a culture of discernment here, which include – a strong campus ministry, the ability to get to know multiple priests and religious (who are in love with Jesus) personally, the kind of student attracted to A&M, the culture locally, etc.
Because our students have many opportunities to come to know Jesus and grow in prayer, they are able to discern God’s call to their vocation in life. Many are called to priesthood or religious life and below is some good news!
Aggie Catholic Clergy/Religious Vocations Update:
- 160 Aggie Catholic bishops, priests, deacons and religious (who have taken permanent vows), that we know of.
- 81 Aggie Catholics are currently in formation for religious life and priesthood.
- This year we have 15 men/women entering formation/seminary – a new record number!
- Over the past 19 years we have averaged 9+ young men/women who enter formation/seminary annually!
- Over the past 5 years we have averaged 12+ men/women who enter formation/seminary annually!
Please continue to pray for all those discerning their vocation, whether it is religious life, priesthood, or marriage.